The National Data Buoy Center provides hourly observations from a network of about 90 buoys and 60 Coastal Marine Automated Network (C-MAN) stations. Most stations measure wind speed, direction, and gust; barometric pressure; and air temperature. In addition, all buoy stations, and some C-MAN stations, measure sea surface temperature and wave height and period. Conductivity and water current are measured at selected stations. NDBC also collects and provides data from partners who maintain shore-based stations.
- If the table below shows "No recent reports", there may be an NDBC server problem- try here. If that doesn't work, try here to go to the NDBC backup server. Moored buoys are retrieved for the winter beginning in November. Buoys with "No recent reports" below may be experiencing technical problems or may have been recovered for the winter.
- Not all weather conditions are reported by every station.
- Click a station on the map or the station ID in the table below to visit its website.
- Click Here for 5 day Lake Huron Marine Forecast
- Click Here for Lake Michigan weather buoys and stations
Air Temperature Water Temperature Wind Direction @ Speed Wind Gust Speed Barometer Barometer Trend Wave Height Wave Dominant Period
n/a °F n/a °F SE 7 mph 8 mph 30.14 in n/a in n/a ft n/a sec
30.7 °F n/a °F SSE 11 mph 16 mph 30.11 in n/a in n/a ft n/a sec
33.6 °F n/a °F S 18 mph 21 mph n/a in n/a in n/a ft n/a sec
35.2 °F n/a °F SE 11 mph 13 mph 30.16 in n/a in n/a ft n/a sec
39.4 °F n/a °F ESE 16 mph 17 mph 30.18 in n/a in n/a ft n/a sec
34.5 °F n/a °F SSW 1 mph 2 mph 30.17 in n/a in n/a ft n/a sec
38.7 °F n/a °F E 15 mph 16 mph 30.14 in -0.02 in n/a ft n/a sec
42.4 °F n/a °F S 10 mph 17 mph 30.18 in n/a in n/a ft n/a sec